Welcome to the age where pretty much every human being has a smartphone, even kids in junior school have smartphones, it goes without saying that you NEED to have an online presence. Social media marketing is vital to the success of any modern business.
When you hire a social media expert, your hiring someone who can take your business to new digital heights.
Here are 25 reasons why every business needs a social media expert:
- Sales/Leads:The end goal of any marketing strategy is to make more money. Social media experts are highly skilled in turning followers into customers. 75% of companies that marketed their products on social media reported an increase in sales within 12 months. Furthermore, 74% of consumers use social media to make purchase decisions.
- Tracking & Measure: Before acquiring sales, you need a way to track it. A social media expert can help setup Facebook pixels, conversion tracking codes, remarketing audiences and more. This will help determine how an audience is progressing through the marketing funnel from product view, lead, add to cart, sale, etc.
- Timeliness: There’s more strategy behind social media marketing than meets the eye. An expert knows what times to post certain information on specific platforms to achieve optimal engagement.
- Quality Work: To keep your business’s social media profiles engaging, you’ll need more than just a few basic images and some Facebook ads. They know how to encourage audience participation and engagement in ways beyond generic postings.
- Lifelong learning: Consistently keeping up with all the latest social media trends is nearly impossible for the average person. Social media experts, however, are used to the lifelong learning process required to keep up with the constantly evolving field.
- Build recognition& credibility: Beyond acquiring sales, one of the main goals of social media marketing is to build your brand’s image. A social media expert can help your brand gain a favorable online reputation. This can, in turn, transfer to real world brand recognition.
- Monitoring: When you’re running a business, checking your company’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram isn’t the first thing on your mind every day. However, these platforms should be monitored daily to remove spam comments, respond to questions, and engage with potential customers. This is one of the many duties of a social media expert!
- Grow a long term audience:Marketing isn’t all about instant gratification (though there certainly are some instant benefits). Growing an established audience is something that happens over a long period of time with great social media expertise.
- Targeting:Social media experts know who’s on what platform and at what time. They also have a wealth of information on social media users’ interests, buying habits, and more. With all this information, they can create target audiences tailored perfectly to your brand. This ensures the people you are advertising to are those who are most likely to be genuinely interested in your product.
- Crisis Management:Bad press can destroy a business. Social media experts are there to provide an immediate response to concerns and criticisms. Never let a bad review go unremedied!
- Increase website traffic:It’s not enough to sit and hope people will find your website on their own. You need to lead them there! Social media experts craft content and advertisements to direct customers to your website.
- Increase engagement: Interaction with your followers can turn them into customers and can turn customers into repeat customers!
- Modernization:Once upon a time, TV, Magazine, billboard, and radio ads were enough. Now, businesses have to adopt social media marketing strategies to keep up in the modern age. After all, social media is proven to now be more efficientthan other forms of advertising.
- #Hashtags:The right hashtags can encourage organic awareness for your brand. Hashtags are also useful for organizing photos from events and helping businesses find their audience. Experts know which tags to use and when!
- Use data to your advantage: Marketing through Facebook gives you access to massive quantities of data via audience insights. Social media experts can combine this information with their own data to put your business at an advantage.
- Necessity:People research everything online first, so if your business isn’t active on social media, no one will take it seriously. It takes more than just having a Facebook page; it takes an active and successful social media presence.
- Experience: Social media experts have experience. They know how to create ads, optimize your campaign, and scale it! They know what works and what doesn’t based on industry experience. That isn’t something you can learn just from Googling it.
- Precise audience targeting: When you launch an ad on television, you don’t get much control over who sees it. You just have to hope your target audience is watching the right channel at the right time.
- Competitor analysis:One great feature of social media is that it doesn’t just connect you to your audience, it connects you to your competition as well. Social media experts can analyze your competitors’ accounts to find out what strategies work for them and where their weak points are.
- Relaxation:Social media management and marketing can be stressful. However, it’s easy for someone who has devoted their life to it. Sit back, relax, and leave the hard work to your social media expert!!
- Instant feedback:Commercials take a long time to plan and even more time to start generating responses. With social media, posts can be instant. This allows your brand to capitalize on current events in real time and start tracking responses right away.
- Save time: Social media management is extremely time-consuming. Leave it to an expert who has the time to devote to it because it’s their job.
- Business savviness:Social media for business is very different from personal social media use. Someone whose knowledge of social media management comes entirely from their personal account would not begin to understand the world of boosted posts, SEO, and lead campaigns. Every business needs SEO, whether they realize it or not!
- Constant contact:Social media allows you to remain in constant contact with your customers/fanbase. You can respond to comments, answer questions, and remove spam in real time.
- Influencer marketing: 84% of marketers plan on executing at least one influencer marketing campaign this year. If you want your business to keep up, you need to adopt the same strategies.